Photobucket           Photobucket            Photobucket           Photobucket

Tuesday 31 December 2013

My gyaru magazine collection

Been a while! Today I'm gonna talk about my gyaru magazine collection because this month I had two new additions to it. I don't buy every single issue that comes up. I mainly get the ones that look interesting or have pretty covers! 
The most recent one I got is the JELLY February 2014 issue:
I absolutely looove the hairstyle for this cover. It reminds me of Elsa from Frozen. Another magazine I got is EGG January 2014.
The controversial EGG magazine the gaijin gal community was talking about. Controversial because it's a step away from the usual EGG magazine vibe. Why did I buy it? Because I've never had an EGG magazine... and I like onee style. I've always thought the style in EGG is a bit eccentric. 

With that said, most of my magazines are JELLY and Happie Nuts. 
But my very first magazine was 小悪魔Ageha April 2013. It was a present from my friend Ryoko when she visited Ireland. It was around the time I was first starting to look gal so Ageha was a perfect reference guide. From then on I got more. 

These magazines differ in size and thickness. Check these out:
 
As you can see, JELLY is the thickest. Both JELLY and Ageha are thickly bound. Price-wise JELLY retails for ¥500, 小悪魔Ageha ¥580 (¥780 if there is a freebie), Happie Nuts ¥690 but always has a freebie, and EGG for ¥490.  Speaking of freebies, I've had two freebies from Nuts and Ageha's April 2013 issue.
MURUA makeup pouch "You don't like MURUA? Perfect! I don't care"
LIZ LISA big mirror
Some magazines also do special issues called 'mooks'. They're basically a mix between magazine and book. These mooks usually focus on a certain area such as makeup. EGG does 'EGG's beauty'. JELLY does '盛れるJELLY'. I have volume 4, which is all about affordable makeup!
Happie Nuts does 'ヘアメイクnuts' which focuses on hair and makeup. I have volume 1. 


Nuts also did one called '安カワnuts' which was about affordable fashion. This one was sooooo packed with pretty coords. 
小悪魔Ageha did a collaboration with 姉Ageha and did an 'アイメイク Perfect Book'. It was essentially a mook filled with eye makeup inspiration based on your style: gal, girly gal, princess, foreigner, cat eye, office lady, akameji, and natural.

Something I also noticed is that there is a common thread going in all of these magazines: weight loss ads. I don't think I've ever seen diet pills advertisements in Western magazines.
So that's it! Hopefully in the future I'll have even more!!!!!

Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you have sooo many! I'm so jealous keke o(≧∇≦o) I love gal mags but they are so expensive because they are heavy ಥ_ಥ I've been having mixed feelings about EGG lately since it's become so (too?) casual to my liking... I like onee style too <3 Could you possibly scan a bit of ヘアメイクnuts? The tutorials of hair and make-up or do you know where I could find scans? I am super interested!

    'xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! I find that cdjapan sell them at a reasonable price! As for the ヘアメイクnuts, my scanner is broken but I'll try and take good quality photos as soon as I can! I'll make a blogpost about it : )

      Delete