Photobucket           Photobucket            Photobucket           Photobucket

Friday 11 July 2014

Tamayaki


As mentioned in my previous post, I went on a trip to the Philippines. I noticed there were tons of Japanese restaurants everywhere. I was at SM North when I found a super cute takoyaki place called Tamayaki. They had an ad for this super super cute plushie that you can get if you purchase so-and-so amount of takoyaki. Since I've always wanted to try takoyaki, plus I really want the plushie, I figured I'd bring my cousin Andrea along with me ('cause she loves everything Japanese like me!). 
Look at how cute this shop is!

Andrea ordered crab stick and shrimp, and I ordered their best seller: seasoned octopus... which looks like this:
photo from their facebook page
Each order comes with 4 takoyaki balls. I can't remember what drink she got, but I got the apple aloe green tea because they didn't have dragon fruit and mango with mochi . But let me tell you, the apple tea was nice! Here's us with our foooood~
Here's the plushie~
It's their mascot! 

The only downside about all this was the takoyaki itself. The taste was so strong you get sick of eating after one ball. By strong I mean it had way too much seasoning. Me and Andrea didn't get to finish them so we had to take 'em home. 

2 orders of takoyaki + 2 drinks + plushie = 800pesos / 13. Not bad.

I think they have branches in Australia and Hong Kong too. So should you ever find yourself in this shop, I suggest sharing one order between two people

2 comments:

  1. the plushie looks like it was worth to eat those strong seasoned takoyaki ^.^

    ReplyDelete