Photobucket           Photobucket            Photobucket           Photobucket

Thursday 16 January 2014

Superdry Eyeshadow Duo (Mudflat & Cream) Review

Today I'll be reviewing Superdry's Eyeshadow Duo. This one comes in the colours 'Mudflat' and 'Cream'.
I got mine from the Beauty Collective pack, which I reviewed here, and is part of my Stephen's Day Haul which you can find here.
Now unto the review! The palette itself is really cute. It's 2 inches in diameter. Looking at the palette I really really love the colours 'cream' is the lighter one, 'mudflat' is the darker one. They also come in two other colour combinations which are 'blackboard and fog' (black and grey), and 'grape and sunflower' (violet and light orange). So if I had to choose between the three, I would totally go for this one. 

The packaging is very nice. It's a slidey case. Although it is quite heavy because of this:
That's the back of the palette. It has that tin heavy metal plating with the words "professional beauty official superdry" etc engraved on it. It's really cool and all, but it makes the whole thing unnecessarily heavier.  

Now, as much as I love how the colours look on the palette, I can't say the same with how they look on me. Here are some swatches taken at different lighting:
Yep, you can barely see them. Partly because I'm tan. But these eyeshadows have a very very low pigmentation. If you rub your finger against the palette, you'll barely get any colour. You need to keep rubbing for the colour to start staining your finger. But if you use a brush, which most people do, the colour transfers better. It's still not the best, but you'll get more colour that way. 

I tried the 'cream' on my eye a few days ago and I gotta say, the colour stayed very well. It creased a tiny bit, but that's because I didn't use a primer. 

As for the price, again I got mine as part of the Beauty Collective pack, but individually these retail at 12.50. They also sell single colour eyeshadows for 9.99, which comes in the colours green, blue and brown.

So.
Packaging:   
Long-lasting:
Price:            
Colour/ pigmentation: 
Would I buy it again: Maybe not. There are better palettes out there

Check out my other Superdry beauty products reviews. Just click the photo:
  



Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment