Photobucket           Photobucket            Photobucket           Photobucket

Thursday 16 January 2014

Superdry Eye Pencil Review

Today I'm going to review Superdry's Eye Pencil. It comes in the colour 'Thunderbolt Black'.
I got mine from the Beauty Collective pack, which I reviewed here, and is part of my Stephen's Day Haul which you can find here.
On one end is the smudger, on the other is the lid with a pink rubber you see on pencils to help you grip it better. So I don't know why it's glued to the lid (ಠ_ಠ) 

The quality of the pencil itself is quite cheap. But it doesn't matter because it does the job. I've had pencil eyeliners that don't apply well. Like, if you apply it, you barely get any product on. This is not the case for this one. One swipe and you get a very good amount of product. Here are some swatches:
The bottom one looks smudge, but it's actually me applying it at an angle, which I think is the normal way of holding an eye pencil. So that's one thing I don't like about it. To achieve a perfect line like the top one, you need to hold the pencil straight. 

Smudge test (smudged a few seconds after applying):
Waterproof test (water + smudge):  
As you can see, the waterproof test shows that it didn't smudge as much as the smudge test. This is because for the waterproof test I let the product dry for a minute or so. I guess the moral of the story here is wait for the product to dry a bit before smudging it.

As mentioned, I got this as part of the Beauty Collective pack. Individually it's retailed at 9.50. It's an ok price, I guess, maybe it could go a bit cheaper. But then again, you're really paying for the brand. Ah well... it's worth it. It's a good eyeliner, me thinks.

So.
Packaging:   
Long-lasting:
Price:            
Colour/ pigmentation: 
Would I buy it again: Yes

Check out my other Superdry beauty products reviews. Just click the photo:
  




Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment