Photobucket           Photobucket            Photobucket           Photobucket

Friday 7 February 2014

Review: MUA Undressed Palette (Urban Decay Naked palette dupe)

Hi there! If you've read my wishlist (top right tab), one of the things I listed there is Urban Decay's Naked palette. Now, as we all probably know, the Naked palette is pretty expensive. Here in Ireland it retails at around 45. I don't really use eyeshadow much, mainly because I really suck at it.  So if you're like me who doesn't have that kind of money to be splashing on something you wouldn't use that often, OR you're looking for a much cheaper but equally good alternative to Urban Decay's Naked palette, then you've come to the right place! Today I'll be reviewing Makeup Academy's Undressed Palette.

The packaging looks like this:
Nice and simple, but cheap looking. If you drop it I'm sure it'll probably crack or break. But that's fine because it's the product that matters. 
This is what the back looks like:
It's got a legend that tells you which shades are which. The shades don't have names but are numbered. It also has a little sample guide of a look you can try. 
Now here's a closeup of the shades:
EXACTLY the same as UD's:
Now unto the swatches. Here's a swatch of the top shades (shades 1 to 6) under different lighting:
My skin is tan, and as you can see most aren't showing very well. Shade 3 in particular is practically blending in with my skin. But I do love 1, 2 and 6. Naked 3 is full of these pinkish shades, that's why I wasn't interested in buying it.
Now for the bottom shades (shades 1 to 7):
Now these shades show up much much better. 

These eyeshadows are really pigmented, unlike Superdry's duo palette. Without a primer it lasted 6 hours without creasing, but would start fading in 4 or 5 hours. Still, that's pretty good!

I don't have the Naked palette, so I can't compare the two. But from other reviews it seems that this palette is totally comparable to Naked. Personally, having tried this palette I really like it. Even if it's not an exact dupe of UD it's still really good by itself. 

This palette cost me 10.85 (4.85 for the palette, 6 for shipping). Not bad compared to Urban Decay. I got it from Makeup Academy's website. But do note though that they sell out really quick. Last time they restocked it sold out in a day or two. Shipping took 9 days, probably because I live in Ireland and they're based in the UK. 

The item was packaged super well. It was covered in layers of styro and bubble wrap:

So.
Packaging:    
Pigmentation:
Long-lasting:
Price:            
Would I buy it again: YES if and when I run out.

Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. I got it as part of a beauty box swap and adore it so so much!!
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete